Saturday, June 23, 2007

The 23 Things

Week 1, Things 1-2

Reading the School Library Learning 2.0 (SLL2.0 for short) blog was very informative. The information is well thought out and easy to understand.

I heard of the site from Wesley Fryer's "Moving at the Speed of Creativity" blog. I've been dabbling with Web 2.0 for the last year and appreciate the structure that this site provides.Thanks for letting a non-Californian, non-librarian tag along for the ride.


The 7 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners made me think. My strongest habit is number 7 1/2: Play. I am really enjoying this summer break checking out and playing with all of the cool stuff that is out there right now.

My weakest habit is number 1: Begin with an end in mind. I need to define to myself what it is that I want my students to do with all of this cool stuff, or I will spend all summer just playing.

Week 2, Things 3-4

Setting up my blog in Blogger was very simple. The hardest part was figuring out a name for it and selecting a template!

Creating an avatar was lots of fun (yeah play!). However, when it came time to export it, I ran into some problems.

Yahoo has changed their avatar page and no longer lists a link for exporting your avatar. I searched the help and finally found the URL: http://avatars.yahoo.com/export.html

The export page is still there, there just isn't any easy way to get to it. I am posting this in order to cut down on some of the frustration when I want to go back and change my avatar.

Registering my site with the SLL2.0 folks was again very easy. Fill in some information and submit. I know that I'm not eligible for any of the fun extras (recognition, support, continuing ed credits, cash prizes--just kidding!) but I do hope that someone from SLL2.0 will stop by and leave a comment.

Once again: thanks for the ride!