Friday, June 6, 2008

New Stuff I've Found

These are some of the things that I've been playing with today:

Blogging Tools



Apture: bring interactive media to your blog.

Uses: Apture brings popout media via Wikipedia and other sources.

Zemanta: suggests links, articles, and pictures for blog posts.
Mind map of the mind map guidlines.
Uses: Zemanta gave me the picture on the right, the link to Wikipedia article on mind maps and suggested the tags for this post. There is an add-on for Firefox and IE and it works with most blogging sites.


Mind/Knowledge Maps

InfoRapid KnowledgeMap: software to analyze text manually or automatically to create knowledge maps. Also can be used to draw your own mind maps.

Uses: I had it analyze and create maps from some of the texts that I use in my classes. This is what it created (and I tweaked a little) from the glossary for one of my class texts.

Text2MindMap: online site to create mind maps from text lists.

Uses: Students could make lists of what they know about a topic and turn it into a mind map.
Zemanta Pixie